The Fairview Heights Police Department, today announced it’s joining with
the Illinois Department of Transportation, the Illinois State Police and nearly
200 local police and sheriff’s departments to remind motorists to Click It or
Ticket and Driver Sober or Get Pulled Over throughout the Thanksgiving
The safety campaign will run November 19 – November 29, leading up to and
following the Thanksgiving Day holiday, one of the busiest times on Illinois
If you’ll be celebrating with alcohol or other impairing substances, please remember:
- Make a plan for a sober ride home before you go out.
- If you’ve been drinking or using marijuana or other drugs, call a taxi, take mass
transit, or call a family member to get you home safely.
- Use your favorite ride-share service, such as Uber or Lyft, or use public
- If you see a drunk driver, pull over safely and call 911.
- Make sure everyone in your vehicle wears their seat belt. It is the best defense
against an impaired driver.
The Thanksgiving enforcement effort is made possible by federal traffic safety funds
administered by the Illinois Department of Transportation.